Monday, July 26, 2010

{Real Parties} Cookies & Milk

On my to-do party list is a Cookies & Milk theme. I have such a sweet tooth (as do many of my friends) which would make this the perfect theme for my group! I really enjoy seeing how people take this theme and give it their own twist. Carey did just that! I love her use of chocolate brown and white and the vintage touches throughout the party.

Cookies were set on top of vintage egg crates for added height.

Making the backdrop was simple and Carey can easily change out the fabric for future events. All you need is a 4x4 piece of plywood. Then, cover it in batting and coordinating fabrics.

Rice Krispy Treats on a stick...adorned with coordinating fabric ties!

Here is a very unique centerpiece idea. Carey filled an old mixer with Baby's Breath...love that!

Thank you Carey for sharing this adorable Cookies & Milk baby shower with us! You can see more party pictures on Carey's blog.

Sources:
* Milk bottles - on clearance at TJ Max
* Bottle tags and ribbon - Hobby Lobby


8 comments:

SimplySandi said...

Love this idea too!

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Christi! Didn't you have cookies and milk at your wedding reception??? I think I remember that! ;-)

Katie said...

I'm with you on LOVING this theme! Very cute party. Thanks for sharing!

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Hey Christi! I don't know if you remember me, but I think that we were in the same Pi Phi pledge class at Baylor (02?) I just love your website. I have gotten so many great ideas and inspiration. I make invitations and stationery as a hobby (www.blueboxdesigns.blogspot.com). Thanks for updating your blog so often, I love checking out the new parties!

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

Great ideas! Love the rice crispy treats on a stick with a bow....makes them more grown-up!!

http://barefootinportland.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

the mixer is adorable! what a cute idea!


I think you should do milk & cookies for one of your boy's birthdays...I'd love to see your take on it!

Lauren @ nine{oh!}nine design said...

I absolutely adore the milk & cookies theme. I especially love the chocolate brown mixed with either blue or pink for a non-baby animal, pastel baby shower. Too cute!!

Unknown said...

I recently did this party theme as a first birthday for my little girl {this was one of my inspirations}. It was so much fun and the kids and adults all loved eating the cookies. Check it out if you like!

http://the-grooters-family.blogspot.com/2011/01/milk-cookies-paiges-1st-birthday-party.html

Post a Comment